Moonbeam Network available on Polkadot

Moonbeam Network announced this Tuesday, January 11, through its Twitter account, that it is now available in Polkadot, becoming the first fully operational parachain in Polkadot.

Image on Moonbeam’s Twitter post

“After much anticipation, Moonbeam, the fully Ethereum-compliant smart contract platform on Polkadot, completed its launch process to Polkadot. Following this launch, Moonbeam became the first fully operational parachain in Polkadot, opening the door for more than 80 projects to be implemented in the Moonbeam ecosystem. Moonbeam is expected to bring significant activity to Polkadot in the same way that its sister parachain Moonriver brought DApp implementations and use to the Kusama network”, he said through an article posted on his website.

The company explained that the Moonbeam launch process phased in new functionality over three weeks, starting on December 17. Once block production and decentralization were implemented and verified to be running smoothly, the team proceeded to the final phase of the rollout, during which the superuser key (Sudo) was removed, EVM and transfers were enabled. balances, and the active pool of checkers increased to 48. Balance transfers allow users to start wagering with checkers, claim group loan rewards, and serve as active members of the network by participating in the chain of government system.

In addition, he noted that the launch follows a widely supported group loan campaign organized by the Moonbeam Foundation, which received more than 35 million DOT (~ $944 million at the time the group loan ended) contributed by more than 200,000. followers all over the world. Moonbeam’s collective loan had the highest number of contributors and the highest amount of DOT received by any parachain.

Also read: Zenlink announced that it is available on Moonbeam

“The first 30% of the group loan rewards, totaling 45 million GLMR tokens, have been distributed to participants based on the percentage of their contribution to the total contributions received. The remaining 70% (105 million GLMR tokens) is awarded on a linear basis over the 96-week parachain lease period. Since the lease period started on December 17, 2021, there are already three weeks of purchased GLMR tokens that taxpayers can claim. This translates to an additional ~ 2.6% of the pool or over 3.9 million GLMR. Distributed tokens can be viewed through the Moonbeam Foundation DApp, and any tokens acquired to date can also be claimed there”, he added.

Similarly, he commented that he expects the weeks after launch to include the rollout of a variety of infrastructure projects including bridges, multi-signature support, The Graph, Chainlink oracles and more.

Total
0
Shares
Related Posts